June 18th, 2013
Is your home hot, stuffy, and uncomfortable during the cooling season? Would you like to be able to improve your AC while also improving indoor air quality (IAQ)? Fortunately, your air conditioning and the indoor air quality of your home are not separate aspects of your home. They are linked in several important ways. One of the great, additional benefits of routine air conditioning maintenance is a general improvement in the quality of your indoor air. Because this factor is often overlooked by homeowners, the Ashtabula, OH air conditioning experts at Apple Heating & Cooling are here to give you some more information on this topic. Call us today to see what we can do to keep you cool and comfortable this summer.
Routine air conditioning maintenance is not a luxury service. It’s essential to the integrity of your AC that it be inspected, cleaned, and adjusted on a regular basis. During these service visits, a professional technician will closely inspect your system, thus allowing him to discover any minor issues before that turn into major repairs. Moreover, it ensures that your system is running cleanly and efficiently. The primary benefit of cleaning is that it reduces any airflow or thermal resistance that can get in the way of energy efficiency as well as performance.
At the same time, it’s not too difficult to see that a cleaner system is altogether better for the air quality of your home. There is an air filter that must be regularly changed in order to prevent the accumulation of debris on sensitive system components, but this simply cannot capture all of the particles. Over time, dust, dirt, and other debris slowly accumulate within the ductwork of your home. As the cool air flows through the air ducts, such debris becomes airborne, and circulates throughout your home. Routine AC maintenance simply prevents the accumulation of debris that can adversely affect the quality of the air inside your home. Air conditioning maintenance can also make sure that your AC is dehumidifying your air properly, which can make your come a lot more comfortable.
Call Apple Heating & Cooling today to learn more about the benefits of air conditioning maintenance, as well as how to improve your indoor air quality.
June 11th, 2013
Like many things in life, ignoring issues with your air conditioning system will not make them go away. In fact, it will likely just allow the problem to grow and get worse. When you start to have issues with your air conditioning system make sure that you call us for Wickliffe, OH air conditioning repair immediately. The friendly experts at Apple Heating & Cooling can help you with any services that you need.
Benefits of Professional Wickliffe, OH Air Conditioning Repair
Your air conditioning system doesn’t have an “auto-fix” or “auto-clean” feature on it. This means that if something starts to go wrong with it the only way that you’ll be able to get it working again is to call for professional Wickliffe, OH air conditioning repair. These are a few of the benefits of calling a professional air conditioning repair contractor early.
- Fast repairs – When your air conditioning system starts to break down it likely means that your home isn’t as comfortable as it once was. When you call for a professional air conditioning company, they will be able to get your system back up and working again fast.
- Reduced energy use – Many issues that your air conditioning system can develop will cause it to have to work harder than it should to provide cooling of your home. By calling early for air conditioning repair, you will likely be able to avoid some of that energy waste.
- Less costly repair – There’s an old saying that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. If you call for AC repair at the first sign of trouble you could potentially avoid more costly repairs that would happen if you allowed the problem to grow.
No matter what kind of air conditioning system you have or what problem you’re having, the Wickliffe, OH air conditioning repair techs at Apple Heating and Cooling can fix it. Give us a call today to talk with one of our experts.
June 4th, 2013
As the summer quickly approaches, homeowners throughout the area are looking for ways to maximize the productivity and efficiency of their air conditioning systems, whatever kind it is. One of the important things to keep in mind if you’re in the market for a new air conditioner is the importance of professional installation. Many people falsely assume that the quality of the equipment is paramount. Actually, the quality of your equipment depends a lot on the quality of the installation. In particular, your energy efficiency will suffer if your new AC is not installed properly. In today’s post, we’d like to look at some problems that can arise as a result of poor AC service. Call Apple Heating & Cooling today for excellent Willoughby, OH air conditioning installation services.
- AC is too small: Your AC needs to be correctly sized for efficient operation. All of the various components and mechanisms depend upon the cooling output matching the size of the home. If it is too small, however, then it simply will not perform as you need it to. This can lead to inefficient operation and high energy costs, owing to the amount of electrical energy required to keep up with the size of your home.
- AC is too large: Bigger is not better when it comes to selecting a new AC for installation. If your AC is too large, it can result in serious problems of energy efficiency, mainly resulting from short-cycling. This term refers to when your AC constantly turns on and off. When this occurs, it can lead to increased wear and tear as well as high energy costs.
- SEER rating: While ensuring that your new AC has a high Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio rating is critical to the long-term efficiency of your system, it’s not the only factor that affects your energy efficiency. Your home insulation and the condition of your ductwork also play a role.
Call Apple Heating when you need your Willoughby, OH air conditioning installation done right. There’s no substitute for professional service.
May 27th, 2013
Every year on the final Monday of May, citizens of America come together to honor those who have served our country. Formerly known as Decoration Day, Memorial Day came to prominence after the American Civil War to commemorate the fallen soldiers on either side. Although its origins are somewhat ambiguous, it has always been about bringing people together to recognize our country’s military personnel and history. We want to take this opportunity to thank all the men and women who have served our county.
Memorial Day also marks the beginning of summer. We hope that you have a wonderful day off, and that it is a great start to your summer!
If you need air conditioning service in Northeastern Ohio this season, we are here to help!
May 20th, 2013
Does your AC refuse to turn on when you’ve set your thermostat to cooling? Or will it not turn off even though the desired temperature has been met? Some of the most common air conditioning repairs arise from electrical issues. As you know all too well, your AC requires a steady source of electrical energy to operate. In this post, we’d like to address several of the more prominent electrical problems that can arise with your system. Handling electricity should always be performed by a trained professional—you could damage your system or yourself. For comprehensive air conditioning repair in Willoughby, OH, call Apple Heating & Cooling today.
- Bad capacitor: You probably think of your compressor as the engine of your AC. It certainly is. It pressurizes the refrigerant that circulates through your coils. But most residential air conditioners have what’s called a capacitor. Like the starter in your car, it helps to get the compressor going. It stores up a boost of energy that surges through your compressor, which allows for rapid startup. But if there is something wrong with the capacitor’s operation, your AC may not turn at all.
- Electrical connectivity issue: Depending on the size and type of system you have in your home, you have various electrical connections. If your AC won’t turn on, you should check your circuit breaker panel first to make sure you haven’t tripped it or merely blown a fuse. If that doesn’t work, then there may be a faulty wire somewhere within your AC’s electrical wiring.
- Thermostat fault: If you have a hard-wired thermostat, then it needs to be properly connected at all times to work. Any disruptions caused to this connection, due to either other construction projects, or the deterioration of wiring. As the primary interface of your AC, the thermostat is crucial to the effective and efficient operation of your cooling system.
There are numerous electrical connections and components that are all essential to the operation of your AC. Make sure you take care of any Willoughby, OH air conditioning repair needs by calling Apple Heating & Cooling today!
May 16th, 2013
As we enter the cooling season in the Geneva, OH area, it’s important that you take care of any lingering problems with your air conditioning system. While pro installation and routine maintenance can help to ensure clean, consistent operation, sometimes you simply need repair services. However, it can be difficult to know whether your system really needs professional attention, or if that potential issue is just part of its normal operation. If you’re looking for ways to recognize the need for professional repair, then you’ve come to the right place. Call Apple Heating today for comprehensive air conditioning repair in Geneva, OH.
Let’s take a look at a few ways to stay vigilant this summer:
- Monitor your energy bill: Keep an eye on your electricity bill this summer. We’re sure you do this anyway, considering the rising cost of energy, but staying apprised of the details of your bill allows you to recognize any spikes in your energy consumption. What this often indicates is an underlying problem that needs to be addressed. You may have low refrigerant levels, or an air leak. In both cases, you’re paying more for less cooling.
- Listen for any strange sounds: If you notice strange or unusual sounds coming from your AC, it could be cause for concern. Buzzing noise can indicate an electrical problem, while a banging sound may indicate a loose component. Whether the problem is electrical or mechanical, recognizing that something is not right with the operation of your AC is critical to avoiding serious problems.
- Make sure you’re satisfied: If you have inadequate cooling, or you have noticed a decline in your AC’s ability to cool, then that is usually an indication that something is not quite right. Perhaps you have an airflow issue from a clogged air filter or dirty coils, or an electrical problem that causes your AC to fail at startup sometimes. Whatever the issue may be, don’t settle for anything less than your comfort.
We hope this helps you recognize the need for air conditioning repair in Geneva, OH. Call Apple Heating today for comprehensive cooling services.
May 9th, 2013
Have you noticed that your allergies seem more severe, or that allergy season is lasting longer than usual? Research has shown that allergy season is becoming more intense and lasting longer each year. In fact, ragweed season has increased by four weeks in the last 10-15 years alone! For more information, click here to read an article by IQAir.
At Apple Heating & Cooling, we understand the importance of improving your indoor air quality for your health and comfort. We offer many indoor air quality services to meet the needs of you and your family.
- We offer air purifiers and air purifier installation services to help keep your air free of unwanted contaminants and allergens in your home. Whether you choose filtration, electronic air purifiers, or air purification with UV germicidal lights, Apple Heating & Cooling will help you choose the right system for your home.
- The IQ Air Perfect 16 Air Cleaner System is the best on the market because it is the only system to receive a perfect score (16) on the Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) Scale. Since newer homes are completely insulated and sealed, any existing allergens and contaminants in your home’s air will keep circulating. A whole hour air purifier system can help you breathe easier and eliminate irritants in your air.
Call Apple Heating & Cooling today to learn how we can help improve your indoor air quality!
May 6th, 2013
If you own a forced air distribution system, then you already know how much you rely on the efficiency and effectiveness of your ductwork to circulate conditioned air throughout your home. They are not merely an appendage to the AC unit, but an essential part of the system, and your home could not be cooled without them. If you have never had your ducts professionally cleaned, then spring is a great time to do so. In this post, we’d like to share with your some ways that Ashtabula, OH duct cleaning can benefit your home. Call Apple Heating & Cooling today for professional duct services!
Let’s look at some of the benefits of professional duct cleaning.
- Indoor air quality: Over time, and even despite routine air filter replacement, your ducts can accumulate significant amounts of dust, pollen, dander, and other contaminants. The severity varies, but if you’re concerned about your poor indoor air quality—which the EPA ranks as one of the 5 most critical health risks in America—then you might want to have your ducts inspected to see if you might benefit.
- Energy efficiency: Airflow is incredibly important to the efficiency with which your AC performs. A forced air distribution system relies upon clean and swift passage from the indoor unit to the living spaces of your home. Without it, your AC will have to work harder for the same amount of cooling, and this can present problems for your energy consumption. You may find that your energy bills gradually increase without a corresponding increase in cooling.
- Performance: Last but certainly not least, duct cleaning can improve your cooling performance. Your AC will not cool as well if its air filters are clogged with dust, which will happen more frequently the more dirty your ducts are. By scheduling a professional duct cleaning, you can make sure that your AC is able to cool as effectively as possible.
If you’re interested in hearing more about our comprehensive Ashtabula, OH duct cleaning services, call Apple Heating & Cooling today!
April 29th, 2013
As we slowly shift our gears and prepare for the heat and humidity in Willoughby, OH, you may have already tried out your AC. Spring is a great time to make sure that everything’s in order. Your AC works in cycles, moving pressurized refrigerant through coils, and air through ducts. During normal operation, the cycle should last as long as it takes to reach the desired temperature in your home and then turn off. But it shouldn’t be turning on and off too frequently; that’s known as short cycling, and it indicates that your AC is not working properly. We’d like to address this concern. For excellent Willoughby, OH air conditioning repair, contact the experts at Apple Heating & Cooling today!
Let’s look at a few reasons why your AC is turning on and off frequently:
- Inappropriate size: Air conditioners are rated in BTUs and tons for the amount of cooling they can produce. It’s critical that the AC be the right size for your home. If not, then it may be subject to short cycling for the rest of its cooling life. This is typically the case if the AC is over-sized; it may also make your home too cold and increase your energy bills.
- Thermostat fault: Your thermostat is responsible for communicating with the air handler in order to bring the home to your desired temperature. But if it’s not calibrated properly, or broken, then it may cause inaccurate sensing.
- Frozen coil: A common cause of the frozen evaporator coil in the indoor unit is a clogged air filter. When the cold air generated by the evaporating refrigerant in the coils cannot move quickly throughout the ductwork, then it begins to build up, and this can cause the condensation on the coils to freeze. Many ACs are equipped with a defrost mode that will shut off your AC in the event that the coil isn’t working.
These are just a few reasons why your AC may be short cycling. When you need excellent Willoughby, OH air conditioning repair, call Apple Heating & Cooling!
April 22nd, 2013
As we approach the cooling season in Willoughby, OH, homeowners throughout the area are turning on their air conditioning systems to make sure that they are in top working order. One common complaint that we hear a lot during the cooling season is that the customer’s AC is leaking water. In this post, we’d like to explain what causes leaking water in an air conditioning system. For air conditioning services in Willoughby, OH, call the experts at Apple Heating & Cooling today!
So, why does your AC leak water? Let’s take a look at a few reasons:
- Crack or hole in condensate drain pan: The purpose of the indoor evaporator coil is to provide a thermal exchange for the warm indoor air extracted from your home. As the air cools, it releases moisture which condenses on the coil. There is a condensate drain pan attached to a pipe to make sure that this water buildup does not affect the indoor air handler, and does not drip into your living space. However, if there is a crack or hole in the pan, it can quickly damage the mechanical components of your indoor unit.
- Clogged air filter: Your air filter is designed to prevent the accumulation of dust and debris on the system components, but when it becomes dirty or clogged, then it can block airflow and cause the evaporator coil to frost over. When that ice melts, it can overflow the condensate drain pan and pipe.
- Condensate pipe blockage: Over time, the drain line of your condensate pan may become clogged with dust or other debris, and therefore clog the entire drainage process, causing the pan to overflow. Newer air conditioners are equipped with a water overflow shutoff switch so that if it detects your condensate pan is full or overflowing (meaning the condensate pipe is blocked), then it will shut your AC off.
For comprehensive air conditioning services in Willoughby, OH, call the experts at Apple Heating & Cooling today!