Have you ever thought about how much you depend on the boiler in your Willoughby home? Boilers offer reliable and consistent heat and they tend to have a long life. But like all things, eventually they break down. It’s always best to keep an eye out for signs that your boiler is heading into trouble. At Apple Heating & Cooling, we’ve responded to hundreds of calls for boiler repair service in Willoughby. We thought our customers would appreciate it if we put together a few of the most common boiler repairs that we see.
Boiler Not Producing Any Heat
This one should be pretty obvious. If your boiler isn’t producing any heat, this is probably a big problem. Here are some of the common causes:
- Clogged pipes – Over time, the water pipes leading from your boiler to your home can get clogged with mineral deposits and other sediment in the water. If you’re not getting any heat in your home, this might be one of the reasons.
- Thermostat – You might have a problem with the thermostat, not only in your home but also in your boiler.
- Pilot light – Another common problem that could cause no heat is a blown out pilot light. This can happen on occasion. But if it starts happening regularly, you might need repair service to clean or replace the pilot light or igniter assembly.
Boiler Producing Insufficient Heat
If your boiler is producing some heat but not enough, this can be another big problem. During winter here in Willoughby it can get very cold. You want your boiler to be able to provide enough heat to your home. Here are some common causes for insufficient heat.
- Thermostat – When your thermostat is malfunctioning, it can cause your boiler to only less heat than you need because it is incorrectly detecting the temperature of the room.
- Dirty Pilot or Igniter – If you have a gas-fired boiler, it might be the case that the pilot light or igniter assembly is dirty. This can mean that only a few of the burners are actually lit.
- Pump – Your boiler uses a pump to circulate water through your home. If the pump isn’t working correctly, it might not be able to pump sufficient water to your house.
If you’re having any issues with the boiler in your Willoughby home, contact the experts at Apple Heating. We’ve been providing complete boiler repair services in Willoughby for many years. We have experience working with all types and brands of boilers. Give us a call today!